CC scales down CEE operations with Budapest spin-off but keeps Romania and Ukraine focus
Clifford Chance (CC) has become the latest magic circle firm to retrench in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), with the firm opting to close in Budapest. The Hungary office will spin off from CC at the end of July to form Lakatos Koves & Partners, which will continue to work with CC in a ‘best friends’ relationship. The spin-off practice will see all 29 Hungary-based fee earners, as well as staff, join the new firm.
Firm shakes off Hungary in refocus of CEE strategy but Clifford Chance says it remains committed to the region
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651