Kangaroo court - does Norton Rose's Oz deal deserve the stinging verdict?
Those still nursing delusions that senior City lawyers are a charitable bunch would have been swiftly disabused of that notion had they this week discussed the merits of Norton Rose’s surprise tie-up with Australia’s Deacons. The response can be summed up as a double helping of negative with a large side-order of snide. I’m not sure that’s fair. The move, which is the largest international union for years, is definitely a little off the beaten track – but then the road less travelled often turns out to be the most rewarding.
Does Norton Rose’s Oz deal deserve the stinging verdict?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651