Sumption replaces Grabiner as Rock dispute nears conclusion
The Northern Rock shareholders dispute has entered its final day of appeal, with Jonathan Sumption QC replacing Lord Grabiner QC for the Government throughout the appeal process. The three-day trial, which kicked off earlier this week (10 June) in the Court of Appeal, sees more than 150,000 private shareholders appealing a February decision which scuppered the shareholders' attempts to secure improved compensation following the nationalisation of the lender.
The Northern Rock shareholders dispute has entered its final day of appeal, with Jonathan Sumption QC replacing Lord Grabiner QC for the Government throughout the appeal process.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651