Career Clinic: Has the crunch killed the corporate jobs market?
"I am a mid-level corporate/commercial lawyer at a good Australian firm, but I want to move to the UK, mainly for personal reasons but also to give my career a push along. All the news I read is that the bigger firms are in retrenchment mode, and not hiring, but has the entire corporate sector dried up? I suspect, but don't know, that even in a recession there must be work for commercial lawyers with good training and academics..?"
“I am a mid-level corporate/commercial lawyer at a good Australian firm, but I want to move to the UK, mainly for personal reasons but also to give my career a push along.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651