O'Melveny litigation trio quit to join Skadden
O'Melveny & Myers has lost the chair of its class actions practice and two other litigation partners to Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom, reports the Am Law Litigation Daily. John Beisner, who has been one of the most visible of O'Melveny's partners in recent years, has joined Skadden in Washington along with with Stephen Harburg and Jessica Davidson Miller. High-profile mandates for Beisner include last year's negotiation of a multibillion-dollar settlement for Bank of America with 11 state attorney generals over troubled mortgages issued by its Countrywide unit, while in 2007, he played a leading role representing Merck in its $4.85bn (£3.2bn) Vioxx settlement.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651