Dechert's top earners agree to take pay cut
Dechert has confirmed that the firm's 36 highest-paid partners have agreed to take a cut in their annual drawings, reports The Am Law Daily. The news follows a report that firm chairman Barton Winokur would take a $1m (£657,000) pay cut.The Philadelphia Inquirer report cited an anonymous source who said Winokur disclosed the "self-imposed" pay cut at a conference of law firm leaders he attended late last month in California.Winokur (pictured) declined to comment on the Inquirer report, but a firm spokeswoman confirmed that Winokur, along wth 36 other Dechert partners, are taking pay cuts. The spokeswoman denied that Winokur's reduction amounts to $1m.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651