Milbank lays off 49 associates and 40 staff
Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy has laid off 49 associates and 40 staff, reports The Am Law Daily. The cuts represent an 8.4% reduction of the US firm's lawyer ranks; the firm has as yet provided no details about which practice areas will be affected by the layoffs.The layoffs were first reported on the legal blog Above the Law, which added that no first-years were let go, and that those affected were informed that the cuts were made due to a lack of work rather than issues with poor performance.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651