Akin Gump litigation co-head joins Quinn Emanuel
Andrew Rossman, co-head of litigation at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, has quit the firm to take a spot in Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver & Hedges' growing New York office. Rossman said his move is unrelated to Akin's recent haemorrhaging of partners. The firm lost 59 partners in 2008 while shifting its focus from practices considered less lucrative - such as patent licensing and individual plaintiff employment defence - towards its New York office.Rossman, who worked at Akin Gump for 15 years, said: "This is purely about a great opportunity at Quinn Emanuel," he says. "I have nothing but positive things to say about Akin Gump."Rossman worked with several Quinn lawyers on the Refco bankruptcy, in which he represented the largest creditor and Quinn advised the trustee. "I've got to know how talented they are," Rossman said, "and we got along."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651