Cleary and Dewey lead on $4.2bn Russian deal
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton and Dewey & LeBoeuf have taken lead roles on the biggest deal to close in Moscow so far this year - a $4.2bn (£2.9bn) Gazprom purchase. The deal saw Cleary advising Gazprom on its purchase of a 20% stake in its oil unit Gazprom Neft (formerly Sibneft) from Italian utility Eni. Moscow corporate finance partner Russell Pollack led the team for Cleary. Eni turned to Dewey, which fielded a team led by corporate partners Dan Coppel in London and Jon Hines in Moscow.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651