City corporate boutique seals merger with US firm
US outfit McGuireWoods has sealed an entry into the UK market with a transatlantic merger with London boutique Grundberg Mocatta Rakison.The firms expect to finalise the tie-up on 1 May after 12 months of talks. The combined firm will operate under the McGuireWoods name. The merger will mark McGuire's first foray into the London market. The 900-lawyer firm has existing international offices in Kazakhstan and Brussels.Grundberg Mocatta senior partner Anders Grundberg will become office managing partner, while McGuireWoods will broaden its board of partners to include corporate partner Robert Rakison.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651