Career Clinic: My magic circle job doesn't give me enough responsibility
"I am a 1PQE junior litigator at a magic circle firm. Morale is good in my team, and I do not believe that my job is at risk. However, my day-to-day tasks bore me to death, and I would like to work with a team that does some arbitration work and allows me to get some more responsibility. Despite the downturn, there seems to be a demand for good litigators across the board, especially at US firms. Would it be wise to jump ship to a smaller firm or even a US firm at the moment? At this point should I just count myself lucky that I have a job, rather than seeking job satisfaction? Part of me says I should be sensible, stay where I am and save my cash for a rainy day, but another side says that I should strike now while the iron is hot...?"
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651