Career Clinic: What should I do during my deferral period?
"My training contract start date is being deferred to either March or August 2010. My question is: what should I do in the interim period? I've done the backpacker and working abroad thing before and have also paralegalled. So my options seem to be more paralegalling or more travelling. I've worked in business and marketing prior to entering law. My current thoughts were to keep paralegalling and use up my holidays to travel in between, but am open to suggestions. Any other ideas? What are other people doing?"
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651