A&O and Latham set to advise on €8bn Italian finance deal
Allen & Overy (A&O) and Latham & Watkins have landed key advisory roles on the €8bn (£7.1bn) financing of Italian power company Enel's acquisition of Acciona's 25% stake in Spanish utility company Endesa. The financing, which is one of the largest in Europe so far this year, sees A&O advising the consortium of arranging banks, with Latham advising Enel. The deal, which saw Enel acquire the stake for around €11bn (£9.8bn) in total, comes after both firms advised on Enel and Acciona's initial €35bn (£31bn) acquisition of Endesa in 2007. Enel will now hold a 92.06% stake in Endesa.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651