US litigation shop sues recruiter in fee dispute
US litigation leader Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver & Hedges is suing one of America's top legal recruiters in a highly unusual dispute regarding the hiring of two IP partners.On Tuesday (3 March) Quinn filed a suit in Los Angeles County Superior Court claiming that the consultant Major Lindsey & Africa did not deserve its full invoiced fee for the recruitment of two IP partners from Latham & Watkins.Quinn, which is representing itself, acknowledges Major Lindsey's role in the firm's effort to recruit one of the partners, David Nelson, a major rainmaker with a client list that includes Symantec, Oracle and Google.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651