SJ Berwin boosted by strong euro as sterling exchange rate dives
SJ Berwin was given a £7m boost in accounting terms, thanks to the rise of the euro during the last financial year.The City firm profited from an additional £7.17m at the 2007-08 year-end thanks to currency fluctuations, which had seen it lose out to the tune of £790,000 the previous year. The figures, revealed in SJ Berwin's recently-filed limited liability partnership (LLP) accounts, also show that of the firm's £212.7m turnover for the year, its European offices accounted for 26%, bringing in £55.4m. This represents a slight decrease on last year, when SJ Berwin's overseas offices brought in 30% of its £189.9m turnover.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651