CC denies claims of Rome office closure
Clifford Chance (CC) has reaffirmed its commitment to its Rome office, amid mounting speculation that the firm could pull out of the Italian capital. The office's managing partner, Guiseppe de Palma, conceded headcount in Rome had reduced in recent years but said there were no plans for either redundancies or an office closure.CC's lawyer headcount in Rome has reduced by 35% over the past two years, falling from 40 to 26. Numbers have also dropped across the firm'scombined Rome and Milan presence, reducing from 175 lawyers on 31 January, 2007 to 145 lawyers on 31 January, 2009 - a decline of around 17%.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651