David Shields: Law firms on course for a gay-friendly future
Law firms have an improved showing this year in Stonewall's top 100 employers for lesbian, gay and bisexual people, with four firms making the top 100, up from one last year. Simmons & Simmons took the most improved prize, coming into the index at number 31. Pinsent Masons improved its position on last year and Herbert Smith and Eversheds moved into the top 100. But the high performance of these firms disguises the position for the legal sector overall, which has the second-lowest sector average of the 14 sectors entering Stonewall's workplace equality index, from which we publish the top 100. This is in contrast to professional services and investment banking, which are two of our top sectors.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651