McDermott set to make redundancies in London
McDermott Will & Emery's City arm has launched a formal redundancy consultation with nine jobs set to be cut. The consultation, which kicked off yesterday, will review the jobs of three fee earners and six support staff.The fee earners come from three different practice areas, but details are as yet unconfirmed as to which areas will be affected. McDermott's London arm currently houses 47 fee earners.The news of the London redundancies comes after last week's announcement that the firm was set to lay off 60 lawyers and 89 business support staff across its US offices.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651