Gibson Dunn posts 5.4% revenue rise for 2008
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher has recorded a 5.4% revenue increase for 2008, taking the firm's total turnover to $957m (£648m), reports The Am Law Daily. The US firm's profits per partner declined by 1.3% to $1.9m (£1.3m), while revenue per lawyer dropped 4.3% to $1m (£677,000).Gibson Dunn chairman Kenneth Doran commented: "All in all, given what is happening in the market, I am very pleased with our results. It reflects the strength of the firm."Doran cited the firm's commitment to maintaining a diverse practice mix as a key driver of the firm's strength. While admitting that there has been "some pressure" with regards to transactional work, Doran says other practice areas, such as antitrust and intellectual property litigation, have been "extremely engaged."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651