Firms hit by snowstorm with staff left stranded
Many City law firms are experiencing near-gridlock today (2 February) as a result of the snowstorm that has hit the UK, with a large number of lawyers and support staff unable to travel in to work. Clifford Chance (CC) has mobilised its emergency taskforce - a group that comprises the firm's chief operating officer, the head of IT and the head of facilities. The taskforce comes together during times of crisis to co-ordinate home working, ensure all staff members are well informed on travel news, and arrange hotel accommodation for any staff who are unable to travel home from the office.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651