MoFo lays off 10 UK staff in firmwide cuts of 200
Morrison & Foerster has laid off 53 lawyers and 148 staff, adding to the mounting toll of out-of-work legal professionals, reports The Recorder. The San Francisco-based firm issued a statement on Wednesday (28 January) saying the layoffs were meant "to align our firm with client needs in this extraordinary economic downturn."Associates and staff from around the US at all levels of seniority were affected by the cuts, firm sources said. The cuts amount to more than 5% of the firm's 1,000 lawyers."Notwithstanding the difficult steps we are taking today, the state of the firm is strong and we are confident about our future," the statement said. "Our deep bench of legal talent, geographic and practice diversity and healthy balance sheet continue to serve us well and enable the firm to compete effectively."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651