US Government antitrust chief rejoins Covington
Covington & Burling's former antitrust head Thomas Barnett is to return to the firm after a spell as head of the US Department of Justice's antitrust division, reports The Am Law Daily.Barnett, who will rejoin Covington next week as head of the firm's global antitrust and competition practice, spent three years in the US Justice Department's antitrust division, working on matters such as Delta's successful merger with Northwest and Google's ill-fated joint advertising agreement with Yahoo. He resigned in mid-November, and has spent the last two months relaxing with friends and family.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651