Simmons asks trainees to defer start date to 2010
Simmons & Simmons has asked its March 2009 trainee intake to consider deferring until 2010 due to the current economic climate. The firm offered its 17 trainees the option of starting their training in 12 months time, with two trainees deciding to take up the offer. The other 15 trainees will begin their training in March 2009 as agreed.Commenting on the deferral, a Simmons spokesperson said: "Given the current economic climate, the March 2009 intake were asked if they woud like to defer their start date by 12 months. There was no compulsion to do so, however. We have had a few take us up on that offer, including one pro bono arrangement which is being arranged with the help of the firm. Every trainee from the original March 2009 intake is starting on the date of their choice."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651