Cads lays off nine associates as another partner quits
Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft is set to make nine redundancies in the US, with six associates to be laid off in New York and three in Charlotte. The firm has also seen the departure of the chair of its insurance and reinsurance department, Clifford Schoenberg, who has left to join Mayer Brown - the firm's third partner loss in the US this month.Schoenberg's move follows the defection earlier this month of the co-chair of the firm's financial restructuring group, Bruce Zirinsky, along with restructuring litigation partner John Bae - who both quit for Greenberg Traurig - and the walkout of a seven-partner team from the firm's London office last week.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651