Wealth management: Ride the wave
US law firms have been a growing force in London but what issues do the UK partners at such firms face and what has happened in the past few years? Exponential growth in the sector is the answer with 120 firms and over 3,000 UK lawyers practising in the capital. And for the partners, both of UK and US domicile? Very little in our experience. The magnetism of London as the world's premier financial centre, notwithstanding Northern Rock, the credit squeeze, a liquidity crisis and the UK banks' appetite for subprime paper, has attracted firms seeking to establish a profitable presence. These have been manned by sometimes aggressive lateral hires with remuneration packages that dazzle even the highest earning magic circle partners.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651