Arthur Cox to lead on Irish bank nationalisation
Leading Irish firm Arthur Cox has been appointed lead legal adviser on the nationalisation of Anglo Irish Bank. This week the Irish Government announced it was to seize control of the country's third-biggest lender in a bid to restore confidence in the country's banking system after shelving plans for a €1.5bn (£1.4bn) capital injection into the stricken lender.The Labour Party is tabling a bill today (20 January) which will ultimately pave the way for the nationalisation of the bank.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651