Amarchand drafted in to handle 'India's Enron'
Embattled technology outsourcing company Satyam Computer Services has hired one of India's top law firms to advise it on issues arising from the accounting fraud scandal that has rocked the local business community. Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co was appointed legal adviser to the board of directors at a meeting convened on Saturday (17 January) at Satyam's Hyderabad headquarters.The Mumbai-based Amarchand is one of the largest firms in India with over 400 lawyers. It is also one of the most familiar to US and UK lawyers, as it commonly advises on Indian law aspects of major cross-border deals. The firm counts as clients major Indian conglomerations like the Ambani brothers' Reliance Group as well as major multinationals.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651