DLA Piper, Eversheds post strong deal flow despite fall in Euro M&A
DLA Piper has held onto its position at the top of Mergermarket's UK volume rankings for 2008. The transatlantic law firm advised on 114 UK deals worth €7.5bn (£6.7bn) over the year, giving it nearly 30 deals more than its closest competitor. Linklaters was placed second on 85 transactions, with Eversheds, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Allen & Overy making up the rest of the top five. Linklaters dominates the wider rankings - topping the tables for the UK by value and Europe by both value and volume. Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, in contrast, saw its position in the table fall from first to 16th place after working on 83 UK deals worth €103.8bn (£93bn).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651