An ugly side of working life
A few years back, I remember one partner telling me about the pressures at Allen & Overy (A&O) during the tech-crash depression when tensions sparked…
A few years back, I remember one partner telling me about the pressures at Allen & Overy (A&O) during the tech-crash depression when tensions sparked between the firm’s corporate and banking practice. Though at the time it was viewed as infighting between departments, in retrospect this partner saw it quite differently: “The truth is that everyone was under pressure to perform. Everyone was being squeezed, and when people feel like that, they try to divert attention to someone else and say, ‘look, it’s those bastards that aren’t performing’”.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651