CC to elect representatives to assist in layoffs
Clifford Chance (CC) is set to appoint 13 representatives to assist in the redundancy consultation launched by the firm last week (8 January). The firm has confirmed that each of its six key practice areas will see the appointment of two legal staff representatives, with an additional representative overseeing consultations with paralegals. Up to 80 lawyers could be laid off in the firm's redundancy programme, which is due to be completed between the end of February and beginning of March.London managing partner Jeremy Sandelson will sit down with the practice area representatives - set to be elected before the end of the month - to discuss redundancy numbers, timing, financial terms and criteria.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651