CC set to lay off up to 80 lawyers in the City
Clifford Chance (CC) has launched a redundancy program in its London HQ with the magic circle firm potentially set to cut around 70-80 lawyers.The consultation, which kicked off today (8 January), does not include business support services, which the firm said will be subject to a separate review. The move, which will put nearly one in 10 of CC's London lawyers under threat, makes CC the first top London law firm to launch a formal redundancy programme in the UK in recent memory.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651