Chambers of the year
Among the entries for this award, Blackstone stood out for its continued excellence, particularly in its core areas of commercial, employment and public law, where its tenants have appeared in many of the year's key cases. The judges also noted the significant headway the set has made in the European Union (EU) and competition law field. Monckton Chambers is another leader in EU and competition work, with tenants making 21 appearances before the European Court of Justice, thought to be the highest number by any set over the period. Its strategy to focus on this area - as well as commercial and regulator judicial reviews, procurement and VAT - has clearly paid off. The figures speak for themselves as the set has seen turnover increase by 26% over the last year and the number of instructions by 21%.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651