Career Clinic: I want to work at a firm with a better reputation
"I'm currently at a large mid-tier firm in my third seat. I know which area of law I want to qualify into, but I am becoming increasingly interested in moving on qualification to another firm with a better reputation in this kind of work than my current firm. I'm worried, however, that now is not a good time to be moving firms since, should redundancies be made, it could be a case of 'last in, first out'... I've been told in no uncertain terms that I would be able to qualify into the area I wanted here, so part of me thinks it would be more prudent to stay here and move on in a few years. Any advice or thoughts? Thanks."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651