CC calls off tie-up with Australia's Mallesons
Clifford Chance (CC) and leading Australian firm Mallesons Stephen Jaques have called off informal merger talks after months of discussions, it has emerged. The two firms, which previously talked about merging in 1999, entered into initial discussions earlier this year but have ended them recently as a result of the market downturn. The talks did not extend as far as the partnership as a whole and were confined only to partners involved in management. One CC staffer told Legal Week the discussions had been aborted because the magic circle firm wants to concentrate on its existing business in the current market conditions. However, it is thought that the two firms will continue to work closely together.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651