City elite line up projects to mark annual Pro Bono Week
Leading law firms across the City have boosted their not-for-profit activities this week to mark the seventh annual National Pro Bono Week.This year's event, which started on Monday (10 November), aims to highlight the pro bono contributions made through public legal education and partnerships which support the work of those agencies, such as Citizens Advice Bureaux and Law Centres.Simmons & Simmons is one of the most active firms during the week, holding a number of events including a talk from the chief executive of Kids Company - the firm's charity of the year - as well as reading sessions at a local primary school. The firm is using the week as an opportunity for lawyers to experience the type of work on offer and allow them to get involved for a few hours without any long-term commitment.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651