Outer Temple in management structure reshuffle
Outer Temple Chambers has re-jigged its management structure in a move that will see three QCs take on new leadership roles as the set gears up for the Legal Services Act (LSA).Head of Chambers Philip Mott QC has become the set's executive director while former deputy head of chambers, Richard Lissack QC, will stand down from his role to become head of strategic development, in a post that will see him take responsibility for external marketing and public relations.In addition, Michael Bowes QC has taken on the role of head of service delivery in which he will take responsibility for quality assurance, the repackaging of services to take advantage of the LSA, management of contracts and promoting new ways of working.The new leadership structure was agreed at the set's annual general meeting last month (18 October), with each of the leaders to hold their post for four years until 2012, when the structure will come up for further review.The move follows the set's recent hire of Christine Kings, who joined in the newly-created role as chambers commercial director from Doughty Street last year. In addition, former senior clerk Derek Jenkins took on a new role of business development director in 2007 following a five-year plan from management consultants The Strategy House in 2006, which recommended splitting the operational running of the practice and responsibility for its strategy.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651