CC secures boost for antitrust litigation group with OFT hire
Clifford Chance (CC) has bolstered its contentious competition practice with the hire of former Office of Fair Trading (OFT) director of litigation, Omar Yaqub.Yaqub will join CC's growing antitrust litigation practice in January as a senior associate. Prior to his six years at the OFT, Yaqub was at the Treasury Solicitor's Department acting on judicial review cases. He qualified as a barrister in 1999 and specialises in antitrust litigation, particularly in the Competition Appeal Tribunal. Yaqub will work with London head of antitrust litigation Elizabeth Morony, competition partner Luke Tolaini and 15 associates.Morony said: "[Omar's] experience at the OFT will be a real benefit to clients across a broad range of industries and reflects the growing importance of having a specialist antitrust litigation practice such as ours to handle these issues."The move comes after the firm combined its regulatory and antitrust litigation groups over the summer in a bid to bring together skills in regulation, white-collar crime and antitrust litigation. The team is currently acting on the EC marine hose cartel investigation, and also works with Barclays on a variety of matters, as well as acting on damages claims and injunction proceedings for clients.Earlier this year CC bolstered its regulatory enforcement team with the hire of Russell Jones & Walker partner Judith Seddon as a senior associate for the group.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651