40 jobs under threat in Clarke Willmott review
Clarke Willmott is the latest firm to kick off a redundancy consultation with up to 40 jobs under review. The firm expects to complete the process by the end of next month, with between 20 and 40 fee earners and support staff likely to be cut from its offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Southampton and Taunton. It is not yet known which practice areas will be affected.Commenting on the redundancy process, Clarke Willmott chief executive David Sedgwick said: "These steps are being taken in direct response to lower demand for legal services being felt by all firms at the moment, and we do not take them lightly.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651