In-house salaries on the up as GC pay escapes crunch - for now
In-house lawyers saw their pay increase by an average of 6.6% over the 12-month period to July 2008, new research by Incomes Data Services (IDS) has revealed. According to the company's In-house Lawyers Pay Report 2008, average pay for a UK head of legal is now £131,502, an increase of 5.4% on last year, while the average salary for a deputy general counsel has increased by 5.6% to £89,189.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651