Law students urged to stand out from the crowd
A senior Norton Rose partner has urged ambitious students who do not achieve top grades to persevere with their law firm applications - as long as they can point to some standout achievements. Speaking in a video Career Clinic Q&A session, which has been posted on legalweek.com today (22 October), Sam Eastwood, Norton Rose's graduate recruitment partner, said achieving top grades was not the be-all and end-all of getting a job at a leading City firm.He was responding to a question posed by a student who had achieved below average A-level grades, but who had gone on to receive impressive university results as well as undergoing eye-catching work experience assignments.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651