Ashurst scoops major role on €1.9bn French energy buyout
Ashurst has sealed a major role in one of the largest leveraged buy-outs (LBOs) in France this year, acting for the banks on a €1.9bn (£1.4bn) deal to buy a stake in power conversion company Converteam Group. The City law firm has advised HSBC, Natixis, the Royal Bank of Scotland and Societe Generale on their roles providing finance to private equity group LBO France to fund its acquisition of a one-third stake in Converteam. The Ashurst team was led by Paris-based finance partner Laurent Mabilat, assisted by corporate partner Bertrand Delaunay and tax partner Nadine Gelli. Frankfurt-based finance partner Stephan Kock and senior associate Miriam Petri also advised on the deal.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651