Brick Court silk to be Bar Council chair
The Bar Council has selected its future leadership, appointing Brick Court Chambers' Nicholas Green QC as deputy leader.Green was named as vice chairman at a Bar Council meeting last month (27 September) and is expected to hold the role for one year before making the progression to chairman at the beginning of 2010. The Bar Council's existing vice chairman, 5 Raymond Buildings' Desmond Browne QC - a media law specialist - will replace Timothy Dutton QC as chairman of the organisation in the new year. Green said: "We are looking at a period of huge change at the Bar not only because of the new regulator, the Legal Services Board, but because of the ongoing battle over the lack of funding for legal aid work and that has to be sorted out. There is a great deal going on at the moment to look into." Legal Week recently revealed that Dutton would take over as the head of Fountain Court on 1 October, replacing current head Michael Brindle QC, whose five-year term has come to an end.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651