Bird & Bird hire lifts HK corporate practice
Bird & Bird has boosted its Hong Kong corporate practice with the addition of a lateral partner from K&L Gates. Matthew Wong has joined the top 25 UK law firm from K&L Gates' Hong Kong office, where he was also a partner.Wong's practice focuses on private equity, M&A, corporate finance and cross-border work. He will be Bird & Bird's second corporate partner in Hong Kong alongside Asia corporate and commercial head Marcus Vass, with the hire taking the total partner count in the office to six.The hire is part of a wider strategy to build on the firm's cross-border corporate capacity. Mark Pinder, Bird & Bird's joint head of international corporate, said: "He has a good practice of his own and he is a genuine Hong Kong lawyer. I wanted someone on the ground who could recruit locally. "Next we need to build the [Hong Kong] corporate group with someone with a lot of international experience."Wong is Bird & Bird's second Hong Kong partner hire this year as the firm added intellectual property partner Ai-Leen Lim from Singapore's Colin Ng & Partners in February. Bird & Bird launched in Hong Kong in 1995.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651