Career Clinic: "I'm really worried about the recession."
I am a law grad, and have just completed a masters in International Business Law in Manchester, and have delayed my LPC until 2009, leaving time to gain some practical experience. I have worked with a couple of top 20 commercial firms in the last two years, and have just started an in-house role in corporate compliance.BUT...I'm really worried about the recession! I am looking to start up LPC soon, and obviously seeking a training contract afterwards, but with the financial position globally, I'm really worried that this might not be possible. Firms are already cutting back on staffing levels in some departments. While a crystal ball is not something most people have to hand, what is the future of the legal trainee? Any ideas..... Ben, Manchester.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651