A&O opens Sao Paulo arm led by NY partner
Allen & Overy (A&O) has formally launched in Sao Paulo, opening an office led by New York-based project finance partner Bob Kartheiser, who also co-heads the law firm's Latin America practice groupKartheiser will split his time between New York and Brazil while senior counsel Bruno Soares has relocated to Brazil full time. The office will start out with three full-time lawyers on the ground in Sao Paulo. Around 30 of the magic circle firm's lawyers have a Latin America focus.Kartheiser said: "There was a clear client-driven need to open in Sao Paulo. Brazil is a very large, very dynamic market. Servicing our clients there requires a day-in, day-out presence and specialised dedication of resources. We are excited to provide that."A&O senior partner David Morley added: "This is a natural extension of the work we have been doing throughout the region for years."A&O's launch follows several openings in the Brazilian city over the last year, however most have been US firms. These include Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom, which opened in Brazil earlier this year, and Proskauer Rose. New York's Simpson Thacher & Bartlett is also planning to launch in the city.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651