Thinking inside the box
Management gurus at Baker & McKenzie have recently hit upon a brand new motivational tool to help their partners brush up on their client relationship skills. The firm has introduced the legal equivalent of Supernanny's famed naughty step, in the shape of a giant Perspex box emblazoned with what appears to be a giant target, presumably to encourage passing lawyers to pelt the unfortunate captive with rotten veg. Bakers managing partner Gary Senior definitely didn't say: "After a three-month consultation we decided that this was the most efficient way to ensure billable hours targets were hit. It reminds me of prep school." In reality, those caring types at Bakers were actually raising money for Richard House Children's Hospice by sitting in a box phoning up clients for donations - and in just two hours, the Boss in a Box initiative racked up an impressive total of £14,000.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651