Mayer Brown, O'Melveny land airport privatisation
Mayer Brown and O'Melveny & Myers have won roles on a groundbreaking US airport privatisation, writes The American Lawyer.The deal, which was announced on Tuesday (30 September), sees the City of Chicago lease Midway International Airport to a private investor group for $2.5bn (£1.38bn) - the first privatisation of a major airport in US history.The City of Chicago instructed longtime counsel Mayer Brown. The firm also advised the city on its $1.83bn (£1bn) privatisation of the Chicago Skyway Toll Bridge in 2005 - itself one of the US's most high-profile infrastructure sales.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651