Stephenson Harwood boosts London and Singapore arms with treble hire
Stephenson Harwood has bolstered its partnership with the addition of two new partners in London and one in Singapore. Two of the new partners are lateral hires with the third an internal promotion in London. Both of the new partners in London sit within the law firm's tax group. Sanjay Mehta has joined as a partner in the corporate tax department from the City arm of US law firm Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom. Mehta, who was a senior associate at Skadden, specialises in advising clients on the tax aspects of banking, M&A, structured and asset finance, private equity and restructuring matters. Meanwhile, the UK firm has also promoted Jeremy Glover to the London partnership. Glover, whose promotion will take effect from 1 October, has been working as a consultant with Stephenson Harwood since the beginning of the year. He specialises in share scheme work, but will also sit within the tax practice. Before joining Stephenson Harwood, Glover spent time with firms including K&L Gates, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Addleshaw Goddard.Stephenson Harwood corporate head Sharon White commented: "The hires fit in with our overall strategy to grow the corporate group with Jeremy enabling us to strengthen our share schemes and incentives offering, and Sanjay our tax practice and further capabilities."In Singapore, Stephenson Harwood has hired admiralty specialist Timothy Elsworth. Elsworth will join the firm as a partner later this month from Australian practice Ebsworth & Ebsworth, where he was a partner for nine years. Before joining the Australian firm Elsworth, a former deck officer, was an admiralty partner with Sinclair Roche & Temperly in Hong Kong, which merged with Stephenson Harwood in 2002. He specialises in marine, offshore and insurance litigation work.Elsworth said: "I was looking for a firm with international work in the region and a high reputation and it all came together with Stephenson Harwood."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651