DLA Piper boosts Scots arm with hire of Dundas restructuring duo
DLA Piper is to bolster its Scottish arm with the hire of a restructuring duo from Dundas & Wilson. Insolvency partner Yvonne Brady is set to join DLA Piper's restructuring group as a partner at the beginning of next year.The firm is aiming to rebuild its presence north of the border following a spate of high-profile departures. Brady will start work at the company several months after her Dundas colleague, Fiona McKerrell, who joined DLA Piper in Glasgow as a partner earlier this month. McKerrell was an associate at Dundas.Brady, who will also be based in DLA Piper's Glasgow office, focuses mainly on insolvency procedures, receiverships, administrations and complex liquidations.The appointment of the two partners will help build up DLA Piper's Scottish presence after a series of departures.Most recently the firm lost Scottish banking and finance litigation head Alistair Frood, who left for Shepherd and Wedderburn. Previous departures include head of insurance and reparations Toby Seaton, who left for Brodies with fellow insurance litigation partner Cameron McNaught in June. Brodies also picked up insolvency partner Colin McIntosh and banking partner Paul Kelly.Meanwhile, DLA Piper's regional head of construction Fenella Mason and construction partner Sandra Cassels left for Burness, while Scots outfit Semple Fraser picked up former DLA Piper Scottish managing partner Gordon Hollerin.DLA Piper has earlier this year landed a high-profile mandate to become the exclusive legal adviser to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, beating around seven firms to secure the deal in a competitive tender.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651