Career Clinic: Can I join a first-class firm with a second-class degree?
"I'm a qualified solicitor - I originally qualified overseas at admittedly what will be regarded as a second-tier university (at which I obtained my oft-dismissed 2:2 graded at 75%). "I've tried to get a job in the magic circle, but following a number of failed applications, should I give on my hopes of joining a top-tier firm? I deflatedly read Norton Rose's diversity rhetoric, all hope of a City career washed away. Will anyone give me a break?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651